ESL Federal Credit Union operates from Rochester, New York. As a $3.9 billion financial cooperative ESL Federal Credit Union has more than 298,000 members and 20 branch locations. As such, ESL Federal Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the US.
History Of ESL Federal Credit Union
ESL Federal Credit Union was formed in 1920 by George Eastman, the founder of the Eastman Kodak Company. Eastman created the Eastman Savings and Loan Association to create an organization designed to meet the financial needs of Eastman Kodak employees. Eastman Savings and Loan formally became the ESL Federal Credit Union in 1996.
ESL Federal Credit Union is known as a provide friendly, helpful dependable financial services provider.
Advantages ESL Federal Credit Union Membership
ESL’s motto is, “It is banking, only better.” But, what does this mean? Below is a précis:
- ESL Federal Credit Union members receive a personal touch service.
- ESL’s members are vital to the union, as with all credit unions. ESL FCU strives to exceed the expectations of its members to ensure that they receive a superior service.
- Members receive an ESL Federal Credit Union Owners’ Dividend. Each year, ESL Federal Credit Union returns a portion of its profits to the membership base. All ESLFCU products on which a member pays interest or earns dividends may qualify for the ESL Owners’ Dividend.
- ESL Federal Credit Union members receive competitive rates.
- ESL offers a no-down payment mortgage scheme and provides home equity lines of credit and loans that are tax-deductible1. ESL also offers personal loans, auto loans, education loans and more.
- ESL members can save and invest the way they want.
- Members can take advantage of a free checking account or one that offers dividends.
- Members can choose ESL Credit Union’s tiered Money Maker Account (the more money saved, the higher the rate of interest given), open a savings account or invest in an IRA or certificate.
- ESL members can also buy an annuity or mutual funds through ESL’s subsidiary company, ESL Investment Services.
- ESL Federal has a fast-growing branch network and unlimited ATM access that is free to use. Internet Banking and automated telephone service make accessing your ESL accounts easy.
ESL also offers Visa Check Cards.
ESL Federal Credit Union Summary
ESL Federal Credit Union to serve all its members and is focused on helping them obtain their financial objectives. The true test of ESL’s success is seen in the loyalty of its membership. Recent polls suggest that 99.3% of its membership base would recommend ESL Federal Credit Union services to ESL friends and family.