Pentagon Federal Credit Union or PFCU is a federal credit union that is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America. This credit union was chartered and regulated under the authorization of the National Credit Union Administration or NCUA. Pentagon Federal Credit Union is the state’s second largest federal credit union with total assets of over $14.3B USD as of June 2010 and a total of roughly one million members.
In addition to checking and savings accounts and loans, Pentagon Federal Credit Union also offers credit cards and many other financial services.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union Membership
Like any other credit union, membership in the Pentagon Federal Credit Union is limited to people who are sharing the common bond that modified its credit union charter. The Field of Membership at the Pentagon Federal Credit Union is:
- Must be an Active or Retired from the United States Army, Air Force, National Guard, Coast Guard, Reserves, ROTC or Advanced Cadets
- Must be members of the United States Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Must be civilians employed by, or retired, Department of Defense, Army, Air Force, Homeland Security
- Must be Pentagon Building employees
- Must be Employees of the Canal Center in Alexandria, VA or Transpotomac Plaza
- Must be individuals who work at, are assigned to work at or receive benefits from, any military-based or defense institution
- Must be family members of those who are in the Field of Membership, including: spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, parents (including adopted, stepchildren, and foster children), grandchildren, and household members
- Must be family members and employees/ staff/ personnel of the Pentagon Federal Credit Union itself
- Must be National Military Family Association or NMFA members
- Must be MOAA and ROA members
- Must be Volunteers or Employees of the American Red Cross
Competition Of Pentagon Federal Credit Union
Pentagon Federal Credit Union is not the only financial services institution or company that specializes in providing services in the military. The Pentagon Federal credit union competes with many other military credit unions, like the Navy Federal Credit Union, as well as with some giant banks including the Bank of America- the Military Bank and USAA.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union has a new policy on the credit cards it issues for new cardholders who are under 6 months of membership. The payments for these credit cards are put in float until they clear.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union Services
Pentagon Federal Credit Union operates three call centers which are located specifically in Omaha, Nebraska, Eugene, Oregon, and Puerto Rico.
In 2003, Pentagon Federal Credit Union joined Allpoint, which is a surcharge-free network of automated teller machines or ATMs. With its membership to Allpoint, Pentagon Federal Credit Union has also widened its services to its almost a million members.